Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Maze Runner : Everything Is Going To Change


Let me just begin by saying that reading The Maze Runner have been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

If I have to use three words to describe this book it would be Intriguing, Incredible & Amazing. 
James Dashner's 'The Maze Runner' is easily one of the most exciting, thrilling, creepily dark, and well written books I've read.

There was never a boring or dull moment. Sure there were times where it was a bit confusing but it all started to come together as the story progressed.

What I liked the most about The Maze Runner was that it wasn't about some whiny protagonists who were in love and their love had to save the world. It seems like most YA books these days have the same plot lines and have become predictable. That was what worked the most with Maze Runner, it wasn't predictable. We didn't know what was going to happen next, we were as much in the dark as the gladers and that was a good thing.

Our male protagonist, Thomas, was brave, smart and hell of a lot curious. It was like a breath of fresh air to read a book from male protagonist's pov(There is a serious lack of books with male pov). His emotions and reactions towards certain situations were understandable considering the situation he was in. When Teressa arrived it only become more interesting. The telepathy between Thonas and Teressa (even when she was in coma), was a nice touch.

Even though there were deaths that were too obvious, like Alby's, cause dude, I saw that one coming from a mile away; One death I did not expected was of Chuck's. There were a few times in the book where I thought that Chuck might die now, but I did not thought that it might happen after they leave the Maze. Chuck's death was a emotional one for me. I felt for Thomas. Chuck's death effected him the most and it was chilling to see him so consumed by hatred and rage. Thomas promised Chuck that he would get him home; but being so close to freedom and then dying, it was heartbreaking.

The ending totally threw me off track with so many more revelations. I was left with more burning questions and the urge to read the next book in the series as soon as possible.

I'll give the book ★★★★☆(4.5) stars.

All sci-fi nerds should definitely give this book a try.

If you haven't read it yet, go and do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment